Have you considered what it would be like to own your own business, but don’t know where to start or what product or service to provide? If you are an underemployed or unemployed professional, consider Startup Quest® as a means to developing the knowledge and skills to create your own job.
Startup Quest® is a nationally recognized entrepreneurship-training program that connects teams of qualified participants with successful CEOs and entrepreneurs to learn the steps needed to transform an invention or discovery from our state universities and NASA into a product for the marketplace. The program gives professionals the training and skills to become entrepreneurs or bring their new entrepreneurial skills to an existing company.
Who is eligible for the program?
To qualify for this program, participants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Unemployed or underemployed
- 18 years of age or older
- United States citizen or be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Males over 18 must be registered with Selective Service
- Veterans have priority of service
- Post-secondary degree (Doctorate, Masters, Bachelors preferred)
- Commitment to the program in its entirety (including 1 year evaluative tracking period)
Potential Benefits to Participants:
- Gain valuable entrepreneurial skills
- Learn tools and knowledge useful in starting a business
- Acquire knowledge about new, cutting edge technologies
- Learn how to write a business plan
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Compete in an investor pitch
- Networking with talented and skilled peers and mentors