Join us for Startup Quest®
If you are ready to turn your professional experience and higher education into a better job opportunity, join us for Startup Quest®, the nationally recognized 10-session entrepreneurship program that pairs participants with seasoned entrepreneur mentors to create a business plan and investor pitch.
The program is offered at no cost to you and will give you new skills to start your own business or make you a stronger job candidate for new opportunities. It will also offer you an opportunity to network with prominent business people.
We hope that you can join us for this opportunity.
Details: One session per week, no cost to you
Program sessions will go from August 6 – October 8
The program that starts on August 6th and goes until October 8th is only accepting applications from veterans at this time. Read below to find out if you would qualify for a future program.
To qualify for this program, participants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Unemployed or underemployed
- 18 years of age or older
- United States citizen or be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Males over 18 must be registered with Selective Service
- Veterans with degrees have priority of service
- Any college degree (associate’s or more)
- Commitment to the program in its entirety (including 1 year evaluative tracking period)
Potential Benefits to Participants:
- Gain valuable entrepreneurial skills
- Learn tools and knowledge useful in starting a business
- Acquire knowledge about new, cutting edge technologies
- Learn how to write a business plan
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Compete in an investor pitch
- Networking with talented and skilled peers and mentors
Application and Eligibility Documents to Submit:
- Startup Quest® packet for Participant with proof of eligibility documents (Application for Summer 2015)
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copy of signed Social Security Card (or employment pay stub or IRS form with applicant name and SS#)
- Proof of eligibility to work in U.S. if non-citizen (I-9)
- Proof of Selective Service Registration – if male born Jan 1, 1960 forward
- Copy of DD-214 if a veteran
- Signed Commitment Form (given upon request)
Application materials can be sent to email@example.com
Want more information? Have questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your name and number at 850-617-4656.
“Startup Quest® was an invaluable learning experience on building a successful business plan, working with a team and selling your dream to investors. The prize package of Startup Quest® allowed me to jump start the process of founding Gray Fox Strategies, LLC.” –Doug Martin, Gray Fox Strategies LLC
“Since graduation from Startup Quest®, my theater and film production organization has been incorporated and now recognized as a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. I am so excited for the next venture in applying and receiving grants to take our organization to the next level!” –Markeshia Gorden
“What an amazing opportunity! I was initially drawn to Startup Quest® for the mentoring/volunteer opportunity…My team has been a great group of individuals that I now consider friends…Kudos to a program that benefits all involved.” –Brian Ramos, Startup Quest® Mentor and Principal/Chief Marketing Officer at The Pod Advertising